MiFID II regulations - reporting of positions in commodity derivatives
Published: 25 August 2017
Last updated: 22 March 2019
Norwegian trading venues shall daily provide Finanstilsynet with a complete breakdown of the positions in commodity derivatives, emission allowances or derivatives thereof held by all persons on that trading venue, including the members or participants and the clients thereof. Further, investment firms trading outside a trading venue shall daily provide Finanstilsynet with a complete breakdown of their positions taken in economically equivalent OTC contracts, including positions of their clients and the clients of those clients until the end client is reached.
Finanstilsynet has developed an IT system that can receive daily reports on positions in commodity derivatives, emission allowances and derivatives thereof from trading venues and investment firms.
The position reporting obligations are set out in the MiFID II regulations § 9-3.
Finanstilsynet will use this page to inform about reporting positions in commodity derivatives, including publishing documentation and other relevant information about the reporting regime.
- CPRS reporting instructions version 1.2 (pdf)
- Commodity derivative position reports (xsd)
- FCA Sample Current Version 1 (xml)
- FCA Sample Current Version 2 (xml)
- Head.001._ Business header (xsd)
- Head.003._ App header (xsd)
- Finanstilsynet MiFID II / MiFIR reporting- PKI installation and operations guide for Windows (pdf)
- Regulations on supplementary rules to the MiFID II and MiFIR regulations (pdf) (Norwegian only)
- Regulations on position limits for commodity derivatives (pdf) (Norwegian only)
- MiFID II
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2017/565
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2017/591 (RTS 21)
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/1093 (ITS 4)
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/953 (ITS 5)
- Questions and Answers (Q&As) on MiFID II and MiFIR commodity derivatives topics