Regulation on short selling
Published: 9 December 2016
Last updated: 22 March 2019
The Financial Supervisory Authority of Norway ("Finanstilsynet") expects rules similar to Regulation (EU) No 236/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council on short selling and certain aspects of credit default swaps, to become effective as of 1. January 2017.
Notifications and Publication
Notification to Finanstilsynet of net short positions in debt, equity and credit default swaps, and public disclosure of significant net short positions in shares, will become accessible at the short selling register portal:
Finanstilsynet will work with ESMA to update all relevant information, including exempted shares, exempted market makers and primary dealers, short position notification thresholds for sovereign debt, and penalties and administrative measures.
- Regulation (EU) No 236/2012
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 826/2012
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 827/2012
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 919/2012
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 918/2012
- Guidelines: Exemption for market making activities and primary market operations
- ESMA's site for short selling regulation
Any questions regarding the short selling regulation may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org