Finanstilsynet can help fintech firms that have questions and need clarifications about regulations, licensing requirements and application processes.
Guidance by email
For guidance, send an email to email@example.com. To enable us to give you good answers, it is vital that you give a good description of the relevant issue and that the questions are as specific as possible.
Guidance in meetings
Finanstilsynet can also provide guidance in meetings. If you would like a guidance meeting, you can send an email with the title ‘Fintech guidance meeting’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include a description of the following:
- which topics and questions you would like to have addressed
- what type of activity/category the service falls under
- an assessment of the need for a licence and, if relevant, the type of licence
- a description of the business model, including which market needs you intend to meet
- identified similarities/dependencies with firms that already have a licence
- who is behind the concept, how the business is intended to be organised, any use of subcontractors and the current development stage of the service
The guidance service cannot resolve issues of principle, process applications or handle complaints. It is up to the fintechs to seek comprehensive guidance, advice and assistance in preparing applications, possibly with the help of professionals.